Hello Guys, Today Q-vantage SEO Team have published blog on CTR and ways to improve CTR of any website.
CTR: Click-through rate, abbreviated as CTR. This is the number of visitors that click on a specific link out of the total visitors that visit our webpage, email, or advertisement. It is commonly used to measure the success of an online advertising campaign for a particular website as well as the effectiveness of email campaigns.
For example, if you had 7 clicks and 1000 impressions, then your CTR would be 0.7%. Here’s how it’s calculated:
If your advertisement or website has a lot of impressions but no clicks, you will have a low CTR, which generally reduces the effectiveness of your campaigns or website.
Importance Of High CTR:
High click-through rates lead to high Quality Scores.
High Quality Scores allow you to improve or maintain ad position for lower costs.
Ways To Boost Your CTR on SERP’s
- Use Clear and Descriptive Urls: We should always try to keep website url short and to the point. Internal links should be descriptive and clear.
- Put Effective Title Tag: To improve CTR, we should use best business keywords in Title Tag and always keep your titles under 55 characters to make sure they are fully presented without being cut-off.
- Meta Description Tag: Meta descriptions of any webpage help searchers to understand what your content is about before they click it. Meta description should contain the target keywords which matches the searcher’s query. Write effective meta descriptions of every web page.
- Utilize breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs are a way Google displays a page’s location in the site hierarchy instead of the URL — they come in especially handy for long URLs that contain several sub folders.
- Target Long Tail Keywords: Targeting long tail keywords in titles and descriptions always work and it can increases your website CTR.